Solved

How do I determine the domain name assigned to a feature class in a file geodatabase?

• 13 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have read many posts and articles about FME and geodatabase domains, and nowhere can I find any mention of reading the domain name. I can resolve the domain code for any given feature, getting the <attribute>_resolved value. I am pretty clear on how I have to go about extracting all of the domains in a geodatabase. Given a full domain definition, I can create the coded_value(...)-formatted native_data_type value for a schema feature; however, I can find no reference to how to extract the associated domain name for a feature class in an existing geodatabase, at least with pure FME. This seems nuts, and I feel I must be missing something fundamental. Anyone have any pointers here? Any help is much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 13 October 2022, 05:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

As far as I know this is not possible without the use of Python. See this topic for samples.

In earlier versions (2019?) the referenced domain was described in the FeatureReaders schema feature but not anymore as of today.

Badge +1

As far as I know this is not possible without the use of Python. See this topic for samples.

In earlier versions (2019?) the referenced domain was described in the FeatureReaders schema feature but not anymore as of today.

Well, I was right, then: it's nuts. Any clue why Safe removed the reading of domains referenced? Thanks, @nielsgerrits​