Question

S3Connector doesn't reject features when uploading with invalid system credentials.

• 11 October 2022
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi,

When using the S3Connector transformer with System credentials, if those credentials are invalid, performing an upload operation still produces an output with a URL as if there were no issues. It doesn't upload the file, it just posts a warning to the log. This is tricky to catch.

Performing a List or Download opertaion with invalid credentials causes the transformer to output through the <Rejected> port with an error, letting us neatly terminate the workspace.

Is there anyway to get the Upload operation to also reject when the credentials are invalid?

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Hi @Andy E​ unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this issue about not receiving and error when using incorrect system credentials and uploading a file. I get a rejected feature out of the <Rejected> port with fme_rejection_code UPLOAD_ERROR. Although, it is not a credential error if this is what you were expecting. It seems that the other request actions do have credential errors with a detailed fme_rejection_message.

What version of FME are you using? And could you provide an image of your output and warning message?

Badge +1

Hi @Andy E​ unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this issue about not receiving and error when using incorrect system credentials and uploading a file. I get a rejected feature out of the <Rejected> port with fme_rejection_code UPLOAD_ERROR. Although, it is not a credential error if this is what you were expecting. It seems that the other request actions do have credential errors with a detailed fme_rejection_message.

What version of FME are you using? And could you provide an image of your output and warning message?

Hi @Evie Lapalme​ this is with MacOS FME Destktop 2022.1.2 (build 22627).

If the system credentials are invalid, then nothing comes out of the <Rejected> port, only a warning message in the log saying upload failed:

Failure imageFor all other operations (e.g. List or Download), the transformer outputs through the <Rejected> port as expected.

Apologies, I haven't had time to create a sample workspace.