Question

HTTPCaller wait for new page to load

• 5 October 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to use a HTTPCaller to call a website.

The problem is that the website first is showing a loading-page while it's loading some data and after up to 8 seconds the new page is showing.

The problem is that the HTTPCaller just gets the loading-page. Is there a way to let the HTTPCaller to wait until the new page is retrieved?

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Sounds like the loading page uses Javascript to load the secondary page. You'll have to try and understand what the Javascript code of the loading page is doing, since FME does not interpret the Javascript from a downloaded HTML page by itself. The browser developer tools will probably be useful for this.

Sounds like the loading page uses Javascript to load the secondary page. You'll have to try and understand what the Javascript code of the loading page is doing, since FME does not interpret the Javascript from a downloaded HTML page by itself. The browser developer tools will probably be useful for this.

I solved it using Selenium in a PythonCaller.

Thanks for guiding me in the right direction!

Badge

It appears that the loading page loads the secondary page using Javascript. Because FME does not interpret Javascript from a downloaded HTML page, you must try to understand what the Javascript code of the loading page is doing. The browser developer tools will most likely come in handy for this. Ask for https://mtpremium.net/ to develop the correct setting for this