Question

Is anyone experienced fme tcp/ip server issue while in translation into GESW?

• 3 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +5

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @saravanakumar​ unfortunately we don't have much internal information on the issue you're seeing.

Would you be able to provide some additional details about the issue you're seeing here?

Are you experiencing the issue with GE Smallworld or FME Desktop/Server?

What dataset are you using for this? Is this issue caused by a dataset generated in FME or just an issue that's showing up with GE Smallworld that is referencing the fme_tcpip_server message?

Thanks!

Badge +5

Hi @saravanakumar​ unfortunately we don't have much internal information on the issue you're seeing.

Would you be able to provide some additional details about the issue you're seeing here?

Are you experiencing the issue with GE Smallworld or FME Desktop/Server?

What dataset are you using for this? Is this issue caused by a dataset generated in FME or just an issue that's showing up with GE Smallworld that is referencing the fme_tcpip_server message?

Thanks!

Hello @danminneyatsaf​ ,

Thank you for your response!

Unfortunately, I am facing this error in Smallworld not in FME side, there I could only able to see "Error running translation" then workbench stopped.

I am facing this issue while I was doing migration with ESRI shape file dataset. this error is coming in random manner sometimes it would raise and sometimes not in same workbench which was work properly.

"yes, issue that is showing up with GE Smallworld that is referencing the fme_tcpip_server message."

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hello @danminneyatsaf​ ,

Thank you for your response!

Unfortunately, I am facing this error in Smallworld not in FME side, there I could only able to see "Error running translation" then workbench stopped.

I am facing this issue while I was doing migration with ESRI shape file dataset. this error is coming in random manner sometimes it would raise and sometimes not in same workbench which was work properly.

"yes, issue that is showing up with GE Smallworld that is referencing the fme_tcpip_server message."

Thanks!

@saravanakumar​ In this case I would reach out to the Smallworld support team and see if they might be aware of this issue or have any troubleshooting suggestions. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do to resolve this since this is on the Smallworld side of things and not FME.

Regards,

Dan

Badge +5

Hello @danminneyatsaf​ ,

Thank your for your great support !

please Let me know, If you get any suggestions related to this issue from support team of SW which will be grateful.

Thanks and Regards,

saravanakumar

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hello @danminneyatsaf​ ,

Thank your for your great support !

please Let me know, If you get any suggestions related to this issue from support team of SW which will be grateful.

Thanks and Regards,

saravanakumar

Apologies for the misunderstanding @saravanakumar​, I meant to say that you will need to reach out to the team at SW since this outside of our area of control. If you do hear back from them with a solution, please report back here as this will help other users running into this issue.

Thanks!

Badge +5

Apologies for the misunderstanding @saravanakumar​, I meant to say that you will need to reach out to the team at SW since this outside of our area of control. If you do hear back from them with a solution, please report back here as this will help other users running into this issue.

Thanks!

Hi @danminneyatsaf​  ,

oh 😅

No issues!

Sure, I will update if sort out this issue !

Thanks!

Badge +5

Hi @danminneyatsaf​ ,

Tcp/Ip issue was resolved with degrade the version of the FME (to resolve I used 2021.2.6.0 32 bit version).

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @danminneyatsaf​ ,

Tcp/Ip issue was resolved with degrade the version of the FME (to resolve I used 2021.2.6.0 32 bit version).

Hey @saravanakumar​ thanks the update, and I'm glad that this is working for you now! What version of FME were you using previously? Was it 64-bit or 32-bit?

Badge +5

Hey @saravanakumar​ thanks the update, and I'm glad that this is working for you now! What version of FME were you using previously? Was it 64-bit or 32-bit?

Hi @danminneyatsaf​ that was 2021.2.2.0 64 bit