Question

Workspace app to send a email containing a link for downloading the result data (like a workspace does)

• 23 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hello.

I would like a workspace app to send an email containing a download link for the data package that this same workspace app has created by running, just like the workspace that workspace app is built on does.

I have gone through the forum and I realize that there are many answers on this issue as it has been brought up before, such as emailer in workspace, httpCaller, automation, FME automationWriter, email address as a published parameter....

But I kind of need it hand fed to me, how do I do this for dummies, steps from A to Å?

My workspace has no emailer in it or anything at this point, it just reads in data and clips it and writes out the result. Published to the Server as Data Download service and works 100% when run as workspace, sends the email and all.

Nota bene Server is 2021.2.6

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies

Badge +10

Hey there @hlynur​, something like this should accomplish the task. The data is written using a feature writer which allows you to continue to process the data. In this case, it allows you to take the summary output which contains the location of the written data, and link to it in the body of the email.

--

If i've provided something helpful, please upvote the comment. If i've provided a solution, please mark it as 'Best Answer'. This helps the community find solutions when your question is referenced.

If I didn't provide a solution, please let me know if I can help further. Thanks! 🙂

Badge +4

Hey and thanks for the help @carmijo​, it didnt work for me cause of firewall restrictions within the company. I did the mix they recommended here instead:

Download URLfrom server app (safe.com)