Question

Has anyone seen this error before: ArcGIS Portal Feature Service Writer: Encountered an unexpected error. The error code from the server was '403' and the message was: 'Forbidden'. Details: 'Request denied due to lack of license.'?

• 20 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

I'm using FME Desktop version 2022.1. I'm not sure what the "request denied due to lack of license" is referring to. The workbench is writing to a hosted feature service. The writer is configured to truncate the existing data and insert new features. The web service and connection have been verified as well.

Thanks,

Frank

4 replies

Badge +10

Is it possible that your portal license is outdated or no longer valid?

Badge +6

Hi @carmijo​ ,

Thanks. Yes, I checked that, and our Portal has a current license. Not sure what the "denied due to lack of license." refers to. The ArcGIS Portal service is configured for our environment and the web connection authenticates, so I assume that also indicates that Portal is licensed as well.

Thanks again,

Frank

Badge +10

Hi @carmijo​ ,

Thanks. Yes, I checked that, and our Portal has a current license. Not sure what the "denied due to lack of license." refers to. The ArcGIS Portal service is configured for our environment and the web connection authenticates, so I assume that also indicates that Portal is licensed as well.

Thanks again,

Frank

very strange. i wish i could help further. good luck!

Badge +6

Hi @billybob​, I haven't encountered this before but I have a few ideas. Have you tried going into your Licenses tab in portal to see what the status is? Also what version of portal are you using?