Question

Allowing access to Azure Storage

• 12 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +16

Hello all, I'm a newbie to the Azure Storage Connector and stuck at authentication. The file storage connector errors. The Hub readme link for authorizing access to my account goes to REST API documentation, not very helpful, I need to know what to do in the Azure portal console to make things work. Is there any doc out there? Thanks.

4 replies

Userlevel 4

Depends on how you want to authenticate? The easiest by far is to use the storage account access key. It should also be possible to use a SAS-token or an AD account, but I haven't used those myself.

Badge +16

Depends on how you want to authenticate? The easiest by far is to use the storage account access key. It should also be possible to use a SAS-token or an AD account, but I haven't used those myself.

I get timeouts, I'm using a storage account name and access key to create my web connection and I created a file share but I get this:

HTTPSConnectionPool(host='datainterop.file.core.windows.net', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /di-share?restype=directory&comp=list (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x000000001F35AF70>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed'))

Userlevel 4

I get timeouts, I'm using a storage account name and access key to create my web connection and I created a file share but I get this:

HTTPSConnectionPool(host='datainterop.file.core.windows.net', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /di-share?restype=directory&comp=list (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x000000001F35AF70>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed'))

Are you really sure that your storage account is called "datainterop"? And that you have a file storage called "di-share"? If that were the case, I'd expect https://datainterop.file.core.windows.net/di-share to return some XML with an error message, but it doesn't seem to exist.

My hunch is that something is wrong on Azure, not with FME.

Badge +16

Thanks David I'll dig in more