Question

Undeliverable attachments due to a size limitation on Outlook.

• 9 September 2022
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +8

In a single workbench, I have automated some processes. One of those generates a report in Excel format. I saved this file in the Shared resource folder on the FME server. 

The Excel attachment is sent out at the end of the translation. Since last week, the tool hasn't delivered emails to recipients because the emails are too large. When I run the tool on the desktop and save this attachment to my machine, it shows a few KBs, but on the server, it shows 10MB. I compared both outputs (one from the FME server and one from the desktop) and neither shows any differences. 

I would greatly appreciate any feedback and advice!

imageimage

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Is it possible that the workspace is continuously appending to the same Excel file on every execution, rather than overwriting the file first?

Badge +8

Is it possible that the workspace is continuously appending to the same Excel file on every execution, rather than overwriting the file first?

It's not appending data to existing data, it's overwriting it with the data coming into the sheet. The last market executed on the FME server is 12 MB. When I run the same workspace on the desktop, the attachment is 1 MB, and both outputs are the same.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @fme_can_do_it​ ,

If you compare the job log from FME Server and the translation log from FME Desktop, are you noticing any differences? Have you tried republishing the workspace to FME Server? The workspace should run the same on FME Desktop and FME Server, so the output file size should be the same. Have you tried restarting FME Server?

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

-Kezia