Solved

PointOnAreaOverlayer transformer in FME: Why do some attributes generate no output? (yellow arrows)

• 27 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I'm new to FME and impressed by what can be done with it. However, I got stuck regarding some details. I have a PointOnAreaOverlayer transformer and I wonder why the Point output port let's me use all attributes, whereas the Area output port generates no output for some attributes that I need to use. What is the solution here? Thank you!

Screenshot 2022-08-27 233448

icon

Best answer by david_r 29 August 2022, 09:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Are you referring to the yellow triangles on the Area output? They only indicate that a corresponding attribute does not exist on the connected writer. They may still contain values, try inspecting them.

Are you referring to the yellow triangles on the Area output? They only indicate that a corresponding attribute does not exist on the connected writer. They may still contain values, try inspecting them.

Thank you very much, David. That was it! I was always searching for a missing setting at the Transformer side and completely overlooked that I copied a Writer with manual "User Attributes" settings. In this case, I could change that back to "automatic".