Question

How to convert a point to polygon

• 23 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

Hi all, I have a couple of point features which are feeding through with polygons (as the points should join to polygons, bar these 2). I've tried the GeometryCoercer and CenterPointReplacer etc but no luck. Is there something I'm missing which could create even a small polygon from a point?

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

You could use the Bufferer, which will create a circle polygon around each point.

Badge +4

You could use the Bufferer, which will create a circle polygon around each point.

Good idea! Will try. Thanks
Badge +4

Update - I seem to get both of them rejected with these values

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Could you share your log file?

Badge +4

I can't really due to the folder and feature names, but with the bufferer bit, it returns this. No errors etc, just to rejected -

2022-08-23 14:05:39|  0.3| 0.0|STATS |Bufferer_BUFFERED Feature Counter -1 2147614888 (TeeFactory): Cloned 0 input feature(s) into 0 output feature(s)

2022-08-23 14:05:39|  0.3| 0.0|STATS |Bufferer_<REJECTED> Feature Counter -1 2147680424 (TeeFactory): Cloned 2 input feature(s) into 0 output feature(s)

2022-08-23 14:05:39|  0.3| 0.0|STATS |Destination Feature Type Routing Correlator (RoutingFactory): Tested 0 input feature(s), wrote 0 output feature(s): 0 matched merge filters, 0 were routed to output, 0 could not be routed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Are your points 2d? According to the documentation the rejected port is for non-2d features. If you want the translation to continue regardless of the rejected features, you can change the parameter in the screenshot below to Continue Translation. Sometimes you can glean more information about the rejection if you let the translation continue through.image

Badge +4

It does continue on rejected features - appreciate the help though, seeming to struggle with the simplest of bits!

Edit - had a change round and chose "ground units". Got it working! Thank you