Question

Is it possible to use multiple parameters as input for "Feature Types to Read" constraint of "FeatureReader" transformer?

• 22 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Recently started using FME (2020.2.3.0 now, but will switch soon to 2022) and was struggling with giving parameters as input for "Feature Types to Read" for "FeatureReader".

Input:

imageTGT_SCHEMA = "DATALAKE"

TGT_TABLE="GEODATA"

$(TGT_SCHEMA).$(TGT_TABLE) is given as input to "Feature Types to Read".

Expected behaviour:

I want FeatureReader to read the schema and table from parameters to become '"DATALAKE"."GEODATA"'.

Actual behaviour:

Snowflake Non-Spatial Reader: Error reading schema for table '$(TGT_SCHEMA).$(TGT_TABLE)'. Error: net.snowflake.client.jdbc.SnowflakeSQLException: SQL compilation error:

Schema 'DATALAKE."$(TGT_SCHEMA)"' does not exist or not authorized.

We are authorized and problem seems that FME can't parse TGT_SCHEMA correctly while it is defined. It can read $(TGT_TABLE) from parameters though?

Workaround:

Currently we have a workaround already to make variables from parameters with an "AttributeCreator" and then use @Value(tgt_schema).@Value(tgt_table) in "Feature Types to Read" constraint of the "FeatureReader".

Question:

We were wondering if we did something wrong with giving multiple parameters to "Feature Types to Read" or if this is a bug that can be fixed by FME?

2 replies

Badge +2

@david_gis​ I couldn't reproduce this in FME 2022.1. In your error it does look like the TGT_SCHEMA is getting an extra set of quotes

DATALAKE."$(TGT_SCHEMA)"

so perhaps check that. But it does look like you have a workaround using attributes instead.

Thanks for the help Mark. Will try it later with FME 2022.1 too to see if I can reproduce it. For now we keep using workaround.