Question

Photogrammetry model - FBX/OBJ - to Cesium 3D Tiles

• 19 August 2022
  • 0 replies

Hi, I'm looking at using FME server to create our Cesium3DTilesets, rather than using the native Cesium ION on-premise tiler which we're using at the moment, so we can streamline some of our processes along with a bit of exploration.

Say I have 4 OBJ photogrammetry models originally created using ContextCapture. Each OBJ file represents a building:

• Building1.obj
  • Building2.obj
  • Building3.obj
  • Building4.obj

I want to create one Cesium 3D Tileset from these building objs. I also would like to add some metadata to the generated tileset.json/b3dm files to specify which .obj they were originally referenced to, e.g. the tiles batch Id could be set as the name of the original obj for example. The reason for this is to be able to distinguish which building is which when streaming the model in an application such as CesiumJS.

It needs to be one tileset that is generated rather than one per obj, as one tileset is much more performant than streaming data for each separate tileset. On a small scale multiple tilesets are fine, but when we have 200~ models performance can be a real issue when streaming multiple tilesets.

Sorry, back to my question - Is it possible to pass metadata like this to the produced tileset.json/b3dm files?

Thanks,

Tom

0 replies

Be the first to reply!