Solved

How to solve "Invalid longitude value given for projection origin"?

I'm using a coordinate system that is not in FME’s Coordinate System Gallery. I added a custom coordinate system by creating a new .fme file and using the online tool. When I use it in my FME model it give me the message: "Invalid longitude value given for projection origin".

My .fme file has this information:

COORDINATE_SYSTEM_DEF PTRA08-UTM/ITRF93 \\

DESC_NM "PTRA08 / UTM zone 26N EPSG:5015" \\

GROUP EUROPE \\

EL_NAME GRS1980 \\

ORG_LAT 0 \\

PARM1 -27.0 \\

PROJ UTM \\

QUAD 1 \\

SCL_RED 0.9996000000 \\

SOURCE "https://www.dgterritorio.gov.pt/geodesia/sistemas-referencia/regioes-autonomas/PTRA08-UTM-ITRF93" \\

UNIT METER \\

X_OFF 500000 \\

Y_OFF 0

I think the error is in PARM1, but I think it's ok... -27

icon

Best answer by geomancer 17 August 2022, 16:56

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Have you tried renaming PARM1 to ​ORG_LONG?

Have you tried renaming PARM1 to ​ORG_LONG?

image.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

Probably should be ORG_LNG.

Probably should be ORG_LNG.

I tried that and the parameter was accepted but the error persisted

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

Studying the documentation on Local Coordinate Systems, it appears that for proj UTM you must provide PARM1 ("UTM zone number. Note that this must be an integer value between 1 and 60, even though it is carried in a variable of the double type.") and PARM2 ("The hemisphere of the zone. Use a positive value for northern hemisphere and a negative value for the southern hemisphere.")

Also the documentation states that the sting SOURCE has a maximum length of 63.

There may be other issues.

Studying the documentation on Local Coordinate Systems, it appears that for proj UTM you must provide PARM1 ("UTM zone number. Note that this must be an integer value between 1 and 60, even though it is carried in a variable of the double type.") and PARM2 ("The hemisphere of the zone. Use a positive value for northern hemisphere and a negative value for the southern hemisphere.")

Also the documentation states that the sting SOURCE has a maximum length of 63.

There may be other issues.

Thank you! I think that this error is solved..

Now it's a different error: "A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

is not a supported projection."

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

Studying the documentation on Local Coordinate Systems, it appears that for proj UTM you must provide PARM1 ("UTM zone number. Note that this must be an integer value between 1 and 60, even though it is carried in a variable of the double type.") and PARM2 ("The hemisphere of the zone. Use a positive value for northern hemisphere and a negative value for the southern hemisphere.")

Also the documentation states that the sting SOURCE has a maximum length of 63.

There may be other issues.

I see you have modified the text in your original post. Assuming this is your current setup, you are still missing PARM2.

The settings below work for me (at least I can assign the coordinate system to a test object with the CoordinateSystemSetter), but it may not be correct or complete for your purpose:

COORDINATE_SYSTEM_DEF PTRA08-UTM/ITRF93 \
DESC_NM "PTRA08 / UTM zone 26N EPSG:5015" \
GROUP EUROPE \
EL_NAME GRS1980 \
PROJ UTM \
PARM1 -27 \
PARM2 1 \
SCL_RED 0.9996000000 \
SOURCE "https://www.dgterritorio.gov.pt/geodesia/sistemas-referencia/regioes-autonomas/PTRA08-UTM-ITRF93" \
UNIT METER \
X_OFF 500000