Question

Combining 2 datasets with points with linebuilder with a line for each point

• 15 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I have two datasets with polygons that I would like to connect with the linebuilder in order to show the distances. One with adresses, the other with corresponding numbered objects.

For each object for each adress there should be a line (or a point when these are identical)

For this I would like to use a centerpointreplacer for both followed by a linebuilder (and lengthcalculator). However the linebuilder generates polygons when there are multiple objects with one adress that have the same xy as the adresses and one or more objects that have a different xy.

I tried using a sorter with both datasets (the adresses on adress, the objects on adress and number). The sorter for the objects has a group by on the adresses. However:

• Grouping the objects in the linebuilder by adress I get polygons.
  • Grouping in the linebuilder by adress and number generates points only.

Any thoughts?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Maybe you should try the NeighborFinder instead? It'll output attributes with the x and y coordinates on the base and candidate, allowing you to use 2 VertexCreators to generate the connecting lines.

Thanks! I found another solution forcing unique objects by adding a counter (adding unique id's) followed by a featurejoiner (full) preserving geometry of the adresses and then combining the joined dataset and the object dataset (both now with counts) in the linebuilder grouped by these counts.