Question

How to resolve failed to write error for writing aggregates to line feature class in Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb Open API) writer

• 3 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello, I've got an FME workspace which uses the LineBuilder then aggregates the lines using the Aggregator which grouping the line features into aggregates grouping by an attribute. However, I'm getting the following error message:

FileGDB Writer: Failed to write Geometry to feature class 'BUS_ROUTE' with geometry type 'esriGeometryPolyline'. Dropping containing feature.

I've tried using GeometryCoercer after the Aggregator but this doesn't work as the GeometryCoercer cannot coerce IFMEAggregate features into lines. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

1 reply

Badge +2

@Daniel Tait​ This should work. If you're using the File Geodb (API) writer then geodb_polyline should be set as the Geometry on the Writer Feature Type.

Make sure you are either overwriting the old File Geodb or the Feature type Table Handling = Drop & Create so you're not writing to an old feature class definition