Question

Why do all my workspaces hang on 'LogCount_func'?

Hi all! I've noticed a strange issue with my workspaces, and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar. Basically, whenever I run any of my workspaces, the translation always hangs for several minutes at:

FME API version of module 'LogCount_func' matches current internal version (4.0 20220317)

and the next logged action (in the workspace I'm working with currently, at least) is:

Loaded module 'FeatureJoinerFactory' from file 'C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Data Interoperability for ArcGIS Pro\plugins/FeatureJoinerFactory.dll'

Eventually, they always move past it, but it sometimes hangs at this step for several minutes before continuing. Is this something wrong with my workspace, is it a known bug, or is this normal? I'm happy to share one of my workspaces or more details if that would help. 

I'm using FME(R) 2022.0.0.2 (20220518 - Build 22343 - WIN64) on Windows 10 with an Intel i5-7300U CPU and 8 GB of RAM.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

This really is unexpected behaviour. From the log lines you've shared, looks like you're running the Data Interop extension -- is that right or is it FME 2022 or both? I'm curious if this could be licensing related. Almost certainly the LogCount func line is misleading in terms of what the actual cause of the delay is. Might be best for you to file a support ticket with us including a couple complete logfiles then we could dig in more deeply. Definitely shouldn't be happening, sorry for this.

Wildly projecting with about 10% of the evidence, I'd put money on this being licensing related, and we can work to help you track that down (or rule that out).

This really is unexpected behaviour. From the log lines you've shared, looks like you're running the Data Interop extension -- is that right or is it FME 2022 or both? I'm curious if this could be licensing related. Almost certainly the LogCount func line is misleading in terms of what the actual cause of the delay is. Might be best for you to file a support ticket with us including a couple complete logfiles then we could dig in more deeply. Definitely shouldn't be happening, sorry for this.

Wildly projecting with about 10% of the evidence, I'd put money on this being licensing related, and we can work to help you track that down (or rule that out).

Yes, this is through the Data Interop extension for ArcGIS Pro! It looked like it could be licensing related to me too - I'll definitely go ahead and file a support ticket. Thank you!