Question

Hi there, I have an FME Workbench job that converts a Geometry to well known text but of late there are no results, and I think it may be peak memory usage exceeding FME's peek memory usage.

Badge +4

This process used to work fine but I realised lately since updating the database connection due to SQL server moving I see it does not update the table like it used to. It stops working at the GeometryExtractor but no errors.

I do get

END - ProcessID: 888, peak process memory usage: 226836 kB, current process memory usage: 93912 kB

Can that cause the issue and what would be a way around this issue?

Regards,

Josh

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi @joshuajames1979​ Can you verify that the GeometryExtractor is the problem? Enable feature caching and then run the translation up to the GeometryExtractor. If it succeeds, then try continuing the translation from there. Either way, you might want to submit a case at https://community.safe.com/s/submit-case Thanks!

Badge +4

Hi @joshuajames1979​ Can you verify that the GeometryExtractor is the problem? Enable feature caching and then run the translation up to the GeometryExtractor. If it succeeds, then try continuing the translation from there. Either way, you might want to submit a case at https://community.safe.com/s/submit-case Thanks!

Thanks DanAtSafe, On further testing it looks like another issue as I see all features are being rejected in the GeometryExtractor. I am outputting the WKT result into a text field in the same table which is specified in the Destination Geometry Attribute field. This field is of type NVARCHAR(MAX) so it wouldn't be truncated. Is there a way to find out why they were rejected? Happy to submit a case if required. [image: image.png] [image: image.png] Regards, Josh
Userlevel 2
Badge +11
Thanks DanAtSafe, On further testing it looks like another issue as I see all features are being rejected in the GeometryExtractor. I am outputting the WKT result into a text field in the same table which is specified in the Destination Geometry Attribute field. This field is of type NVARCHAR(MAX) so it wouldn't be truncated. Is there a way to find out why they were rejected? Happy to submit a case if required. [image: image.png] [image: image.png] Regards, Josh

Hi Josh, yes, please submit a case and include your workspace, log file, and sample data. Thanks