Solved

Create CityGML trees from points

Badge +7

Hi all,

I will create trees[citygml] based on point geometry. On the internet I found this tutorial: https://hub.safe.com/publishers/con-terra/templates/citygml-create-solitaryvegetationobject-with-implicit-representation

Unfortunately *SKP format is not supported for my fme version. So I have tried it with obj models. But this doesnt work for me! I got this rejection code:

INVALID_SHARED_ITEM(SharedItemIDSetter). How can I solve this problem?

Workflow:

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 4 July 2022, 15:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hmm, the shartedItem stuff only really works if you turn off Feature Caching. Can you try turning off feature cashing and see if that helps?

Badge +7

Yeah it works :). Sometimes the solution is very close. I didnt know that FeatureCaching has an influence of the project. During the development we use it mainly. Good to know thanks @virtualcitymatt​ 

Badge +7

Do you maybe know if it is possible to add a color? Maybe AppearanceStyler-> AppearanceSetter? Something like this to make the trees green?

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Yeah it works :). Sometimes the solution is very close. I didnt know that FeatureCaching has an influence of the project. During the development we use it mainly. Good to know thanks @virtualcitymatt​ 

Nice - Yeah the sharedItemID must be set and picked up in the same run. The ID's get lost at the end of each run. It's the same with the VariableSetter and VariableRetreiver

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Do you maybe know if it is possible to add a color? Maybe AppearanceStyler-> AppearanceSetter? Something like this to make the trees green?

Yeah, best would be to have an obj which already has color. AppearnceSetter should work