Solved

Attribute Manager / Creator - Possible Bug but not related to its functionality

Badge +10

Hello

My 2 recent posts were related to issues experienced with FME 2022.

I was hoping this one would disappear however it still persists using the latest build. It did stop (previous build) some of my critical workflows from functioning properly although the translations were successful.

Basically Attribute Manager will highlight some of my values in Red.

But the transformer's cog itself isn't red. It seems to affect Arithmetic values or use of functions.

Here's the workflow - Nothing unusual

imageLet's check the Attribute Manager

imageValues highlighted in Red for no apparent reasons

I click on the Attribute Values and they return to "normal" however when you close / re-open the Transformer sane thing happens.

Not sure what is going on here.

Translation is successful though.

Thanks

Sameer

icon

Best answer by danminneyatsaf 28 June 2022, 21:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

I have noticed this behavior in the past.

My work around would be to add 'Decision Date' as a new attribute, with Attribute Value set to @DateTimeFormat(@Value(decdat),%Y-%m-%d). Since attributes are processed in the order they appear in the AttributeManager, I would move 'Decision Date' above 'decdat', and then set 'decdat' to Remove.

Badge +10

I have noticed this behavior in the past.

My work around would be to add 'Decision Date' as a new attribute, with Attribute Value set to @DateTimeFormat(@Value(decdat),%Y-%m-%d). Since attributes are processed in the order they appear in the AttributeManager, I would move 'Decision Date' above 'decdat', and then set 'decdat' to Remove.

@dustin​ Same behaviour would occur if you simply use an Attribute Creator instead.

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

I tend to use @CurrentAttribute when I want to rename and recalculate an attribute at the same time in an AttributeManager.

@CurrentAttribute

Badge +10

I tend to use @CurrentAttribute when I want to rename and recalculate an attribute at the same time in an AttributeManager.

@CurrentAttribute

@geomancer​ My issue is why is my attribute values highlighted in red in FME 2022. FME 2019 does not do this. It's an old live workflow. Other than that, it's working fine.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

@geomancer​ My issue is why is my attribute values highlighted in red in FME 2022. FME 2019 does not do this. It's an old live workflow. Other than that, it's working fine.

Hi @sameer​  it looks like the issue was resolved in the FME 2022.1 (beta) version. After opening the AttributeManager, the Attribute Value column no longer shows up as red.

Would you be able to download and test if the issue still occurs in the latest beta version of FME? Thanks

Badge +10

Hi @danminneyatsaf​ 

Just tested the Beta version and happy to say that the reported behaviour was no longer seen.

Thanks