Question

Hi I'm having a problem with my workbench where I have run it successfully on a previous day, but when I have come back in to I'm encountering a problem I've not had before. Too many recursive macro substitutions -- line currently is:

• 22 June 2022
  • 1 reply

The workbench is checking where lines, points and polygons intersect with 2 other datasets (one a polygon dataset, the other a line). The workbench worked when initially built but after saving and coming back it no longer runs with the following message being displayed.

Starting translation...

Too many recursive macro substitutions -- line currently is: `OS_MASTERMAP_WATER_NETWORK_GML_2_DATASET "$(SourceDataset_OS_MASTERMAP_WATER_NETWORK_GML_2)"'

Program Terminating

Translation FAILED.

I've attached an image of what the workbench is looking to do. Inputs are mid/mif and gz. Outputs are xls and geodatabase.

Any idea why this might be happening and how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

1 reply

Badge +6

Hi @mlund​, this error message could be due to FME trying find the $(SourceDataset_OS_MASTERMAP_WATER_NETWORK_GML_2) set as a parameter somewhere. If you could share an example of your workspace that would be helpful in troubleshooting