Question

FME Scavenger Hunt Megathread

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi FMEers,

I hope you've signed up for the FME Scavenger Hunt, or are putting together a team to take part. It should be a great event.

This post is just to set up a place to ask questions, add comments, or for teams to organize themselves. If you comment here, I should be notified.

I may also post a short daily update here too.

Cheers

Mark

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Daily Update: 8th June.

• There are currently about 5 missions to complete. These preview missions will mostly be closed next Monday when a new set of missions becomes available.
  • Team Transformer is top at the moment with 85 points. You should be able to see a leaderboard in the GooseChase app.
  • Team XML has no members and no points! But I thought we all loved XML!
  • At the moment Team Lizard is locked to new members. That's just to try and ensure all teams have equal numbers.
  • Team Vector definitely scores some bonus points for their "Cabinet of Me" photo. It's so cute!
Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Daily Update: 9th June

• It's close at the top as teams Zipster, Vector, and Transformer are all within 5 points of each other. I think bonus points are making the difference.
  • I've put temporary access codes on teams Zipster and Desktop. Again that's just to try and even up the team sizes and encourage folk to join other teams.
  • We have two "private" teams now. Team Abley is from New Zealand. Team TRCA (Toronto and Region Conservation Authority) is from, well, Toronto and region!
  • Many new missions are available from 6am Vancouver time on Monday.
    • 15 missions are typical ones like you've seen already. Photos, quiz questions, etc.
    • 9 missions are GPS-related. In GPS missions you have to visit a specific location on Earth. To make it fair to a worldwide audience, I've tried to make these equally accessible (or inaccessible) to everyone. And you have until September to complete them. Still, I don't expect many of these missions to be completed!
  • The Preview missions will be removed on Monday (so complete them soon) but from now on nearly all missions will remain on the list until the end of the hunt in September. So you don't have to rush to do them.

Hope you're all having fun. If you want to share any submissions on social media, then feel free. Perhaps use #FMEScavengerHunt and tag me too so I can re-tweet (or whatever).

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Daily Update: 14th June

• A new set of challenges were added on Monday, so there is much to complete! Team Transformer and Team Zipster continue to set the pace.
  • I put a temporary access code on Team Transformer, again to encourage joining other teams.
  • We have two more private teams now. Team Nordend is from Belgium. Team Nordic is a combination of players from Nordic countries. There are just 6 private teams left if you would like to claim one of them.
  • Team Lizard's photo submission of one of their work computers is the most "liked" submission, with 6 likes. You can check the game activity feed in GooseChase and click like against any submission in there.
  • Team Server just completed GPS missions in Sao Paolo and Tokyo! Yay, that's great.
    • Wait, it was the same user?
    • Two minutes apart?
    • Hmmm. Either they've
      • invented teleportation
      • invented time travel
      • hacked their device's GPS.

I'll be checking into those GPS missions. It might be that I suspend or remove all GPS missions if it's obvious that they can be manipulated.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

"Daily" Update 😄

• There is a new set of 7 challenges today.
  • The new challenges include a "Fun with Flags" round, and a brain teaser on the FME version of Wordle, FMEdle. Someone has the correct answer already. I'm very impressed. Who else can get it?!
  • I removed the access codes from teams Desktop and Lizard because they're no longer the largest teams.
  • Team XML... two members and zero points! C'mon. Surely we have XML lovers who would like to take part?!
  • Team TRCA (Toronto) scoring mega points this morning, now lie in 4th place.
  • Teams Transformer, Zipster, and Vector are the top 3.
  • I didn't remove the GPS missions, but set them to 5 points each. You'll need to send me photographic proof to get the full 100 points.
  • If you're reading this for the first time, feel free to sign up and take part. There's no penalty for joining late and the contest will run over the whole summer months (or winter, for the southern hemisphere). See: https://community.safe.com/s/article/Community-Scavenger-Hunt-2022

Hmmm...

WordlePuzzle

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

"Daily" Update 😄

• There is a new set of 7 challenges today.
  • The new challenges include a "Fun with Flags" round, and a brain teaser on the FME version of Wordle, FMEdle. Someone has the correct answer already. I'm very impressed. Who else can get it?!
  • I removed the access codes from teams Desktop and Lizard because they're no longer the largest teams.
  • Team XML... two members and zero points! C'mon. Surely we have XML lovers who would like to take part?!
  • Team TRCA (Toronto) scoring mega points this morning, now lie in 4th place.
  • Teams Transformer, Zipster, and Vector are the top 3.
  • I didn't remove the GPS missions, but set them to 5 points each. You'll need to send me photographic proof to get the full 100 points.
  • If you're reading this for the first time, feel free to sign up and take part. There's no penalty for joining late and the contest will run over the whole summer months (or winter, for the southern hemisphere). See: https://community.safe.com/s/article/Community-Scavenger-Hunt-2022

Hmmm...

WordlePuzzle

Team Desktop :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Are you in Team Desktop Danilo? I think you have a big advantage for the task "Seven Big Cities: South America"! You need to visit a location that is very close to your office.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Yes. I'm Team Desktop. Exactly - I checked this task. Maybe on the next week I'll visit São Paulo (customer) and check my location there :)