Solved

How to use dynamic feature types in FeatureReader (Excel) constraints?

• 7 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all! This is a follow up from this post - super quick recap is that I have lots of Excel files, and I need to read their column headers into their own sheet. 

I was able to get the FeatureReader running (thanks to excellent support agent Trent!) with a single Excel file. However, I'm running into an issue now when I try to run multiple Excel files at once, I get the following errors:

The schema did not contain information for sheet 'test_data'
Excel Reader: The schema did not contain information for sheet 'test_data'
Excel Reader: The schema did not contain information for sheet 'test_data'
Failed to obtain any schemas from reader 'XLSXR' from 3 datasets. This may be due to invalid datasets or format accessibility issues due to licensing, dependencies, or module loading. See logfile for more information
Failed to obtain any schemas from reader 'XLSXR' from 3 datasets. This may be due to invalid datasets or format accessibility issues due to licensing, dependencies, or module loading. See logfile for more information
The below feature caused the translation to be terminated
FeatureReader_<Rejected> (TeeFactory): FeatureReader_<Rejected>: Termination Message: 'FeatureReader output a <Rejected> feature.  To continue translation when features are rejected, change 'Workspace Parameters' > Translation > 'Rejected Feature Handling' to 'Continue Translation''
FeatureReader (QueryFactory): Termination Message: '%0'
Creator_CREATED_-1_30_Player (RecorderFactory): FeatureReader_<Rejected>: Termination Message: 'FeatureReader output a <Rejected> feature.  To continue translation when features are rejected, change 'Workspace Parameters' > Translation > 'Rejected Feature Handling' to 'Continue Translation'' 

It seems to be an issue with the "Feature Types to Read" parameter and reading the feature types on the fly for the FeatureReader transformer as each Excel file is read in. Any ideas how to make this work? 

My workbench file is attached if anyone would like to take a look at it.  Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by trentatsafe 8 June 2022, 17:02

View original

1 reply

Badge +6

This is related to a bug in 2021.2+. If you create the User parameter + link in an older version of FME, and re-open in an affected version it should work.

Bug is FMEDESKTOP-12918, and I have linked in this to the issue on our side.