Question

How can we avoid error while writing to smallworld?

Badge +1

I have read polygon features from esri file geodatabase. And then writing them to smallworld. The following errors are observed in translation log and the workbench session is terminated with a failure message.

Smallworld Translator Error: The hole is not within a sw:pseudo_area

Smallworld Translator Error: Primitive sw:sector_rope:[1-1].sector failed status 1376267(0,21,11) Too many intersections

Is there any way to identify these records before we pass on to writer?

Or is there any setting we can choose or process so that FME will skip these kind of features and write log.

Kindly help.

Thanks

Siva Bulusu

2 replies

Badge

Hi @sivaram81082​ do you have a buffer around the polygon features?

You could try using the GeometryFIlter and select all Geometry Types to see what features are exactly causing the issue.

What version of FME are you using? If the GeometryFilter does not work could you share the data here?

Badge +1

Hi @sivaram81082​ do you have a buffer around the polygon features?

You could try using the GeometryFIlter and select all Geometry Types to see what features are exactly causing the issue.

What version of FME are you using? If the GeometryFilter does not work could you share the data here?

Hi @daraghatsafe​ Thank you for the response. I won't be able to share data due to restrictions.

I have tried Geometry Filter and it did not work for me. All are records are in to Area port. However issues will be observed when writing.

I have used Hole Counter to identify if the area feature is a simple polygon or donut. Then after filtering out donuts, all simple polygons are being processed without any issues. The donuts filtered are written to log file. These features have to be corrected at source.

It would be great if we can have some transformers to correct them at FME, so that they can be included in the flow to simplify the process. If you know any such transformers, please share the details.

Thanks

Siva Bulusu