Solved

I faced several issue while I was converting .gml to 3d tiles

Badge

Firstly, I have 10 .gml files and want to convert these files to cesium 3d tiles, then want to show this model with cesiumjs. However, in result of my workflow, I got several errors and warnings.

1- I want to show my workflow in FME :

workflow2- I want to share errors which I get :

errorsFinally, This workflow has been completed, and then b3dm file and tileset.json have created. However, tileset.json file has created erroneously. For example, bounding volume is not created correctly.

3- I got screenshot in order to examine:

tileset issueI want to complete these steps efficiently.

Which transformators should I use in this workflow in order to complete and visualize buildings? How to solve this problem? I would be appreciative.

icon

Best answer by danminneyatsaf 6 June 2022, 23:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @talha​ the Cesium 3D Tiles writer only supports Surface and Solid geometries. If your source GML file contains any other geometries such as points, lines or polygons, then this is probably what is causing the error in your log. I recommend using the GeometryFilter to filter for only Surface & Area geometry types and try writing the data from there.

Dave provided some additional information around this topic in this other community question here: https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080hdIvSAI/unable-to-generate-correct-cesium-3d-tiles

If you're still running into problems, would you be able to share the log file produced by your workspace with us here?

Badge

Hi @danminneyatsaf,

I'll appreciate for your helping very much, Thanks.

I have done some arrangement as you say​, but now I am still getting same errors.

workflow-

errors-

tilesetFirstly, I have used GeometryFilter to filter and then set only surface and solid for exit. In result of the workspace, I have got same amount of errors, and even tileset.json has been created wrongly again.

As you say, I want to attach the log file. If you want my workflow or assets, I can share you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @danminneyatsaf,

I'll appreciate for your helping very much, Thanks.

I have done some arrangement as you say​, but now I am still getting same errors.

workflow-

errors-

tilesetFirstly, I have used GeometryFilter to filter and then set only surface and solid for exit. In result of the workspace, I have got same amount of errors, and even tileset.json has been created wrongly again.

As you say, I want to attach the log file. If you want my workflow or assets, I can share you.

@talha​ I believe you may have shared your .fmw file (workbench) instead of the log file. Would you be able to share the log file with us? You can find this in the same directory as where you workspace is saved. It will be saved in the .log format.

Thanks!

Badge

Uhh, I'm so sorry for this situation. I'm sharing now.

Thanks for your interest.