Question

Are there any logs showing what is deleted via a network resource?

• 3 June 2022
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge

I had a share I thought I was removing at a lower level and it emptied the folder. I doubt it but wanted to ask.

The tricky thing is, you can 'remove' a resource and it says do you want to delete this item. At the highest level, this removes the resource only. If you go into a folder inside the resource, it will present exactly the same dialog and ask if you want to delete this item. Of course, the inside one's delete delete the items whereas at the highest level under resource will delete the reference to the network space only.

A nasty trap for all players :)

Screenshot_1

1 reply

Badge +5

Hello @brady​ ,

You make a very valid point about how additional information could be provided in the "Warning" prompt when deleting files in a network-based resource versus deleting an entire resource from FME Server. I have filed ticket FMESERVER-18463 with our Development Team for this.

Unfortunately, we do not log activities related to the creation/deletion of network-based resources or files within these resources in the FME Server.

May I ask if you would want to post an Idea to include say .." Resource/ Resource File Created" and "Resource/Resource File Removed".. to the list of System Events that publishes messages about significant events ?

This is an avenue you can take to push an enhancement. The upvotes weigh heavily on what we tackle, and you can suggest, vote and comment on product ideas about what you'd like to see in upcoming FME releases