Question

Trying to overwrite a Feature Layer in AGOL with the same Shape and get error.

I get this Error:

ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer: The geometry type of feature type '[LAYER]' is 'arcgisonline_point', but the geometry type of the corresponding layer/table on the Feature Service is 'arcgisonline_multipoint'

I previously used ArcGISOnlineConnector to upload -> Publish a ziped shape-file to a feature layer. But when i later want to update the feature layer with the same shape i get this error.

Anyone know how to fix this?

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

I think there used to be an issue where an fme_point couldn't be written to an arcgisonline_multipoint layer. It can be resolved by using an aggregator, with a group by on a unique field so that the point becomes a multipoint feature

I think there used to be an issue where an fme_point couldn't be written to an arcgisonline_multipoint layer. It can be resolved by using an aggregator, with a group by on a unique field so that the point becomes a multipoint feature

Okey thanks! The reader from my zip is dynamic. I first extract the schemas from the zip and then use the schema to read which features there is in it.

You have any suggestion on how i can extract the point features and then aggregate them?

So i figured out how to extract only the point features and then aggregate them, but i still get this error. I'll try to specify the point features the first time i publish them into single point and see if it's easier to overwrite the featurelayer then.

So i tried this.

1. Followed this guide to make them single point.
  2. Published the layer.
  3. Tried to publish the same layer again and get this error this time:

..... is 'arcgisonline_no_geom', but the geometry type of the corresponding layer/table on the Feature Service is 'arcgisonline_point'