Question

FME Server Upgrade from 2021 to 2022 on Docker Environment

Badge

We have FME Server hosted on a docker environment. We are using AWS, for database we are using RDS postgres, and for storage, we are using EFS.

On one server we are running all core components using docker-compose. and we have lambda-based engine deployment using separate EC2 servers. Of course, both core and engine are using postgres RDS and EFS.

What would the upgrade process look like?

Our goal is to upgrade without losing any repository, server configuration, job logs, automation, schedules, etc.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Unsure on docker specifics, but generally to 'upgrade' you'll take a full backup (through the Web UI) and then once the new version is installed, restore the backup. Note that the backup doesn't include any changes made to the configuration files

Badge

Unsure on docker specifics, but generally to 'upgrade' you'll take a full backup (through the Web UI) and then once the new version is installed, restore the backup. Note that the backup doesn't include any changes made to the configuration files

I see, so for the FME server upgrade process is like setup a new server and exporting data from the old server, and import into the new server. Am I correct?

Badge

I see, so for the FME server upgrade process is like setup a new server and exporting data from the old server, and import into the new server. Am I correct?

Hi @namanpatel​, that's correct! You can find our documentation on upgrading a Docker deployment on this page under Deploying and Administering FME Server on Docker Compose > To Upgrade an FME Server Deployment.

Thanks for the help. Many students look for college essay writing services when their coursework becomes too much of a strain. Don't worry, you can visit https://www.grabmyessay.com/write-my-speech here through which you can hire a professional writer. The best website for writing essays is this one. The advantages of hiring speech writers are numerous. Regardless of the sort of help, every consumer may benefit from our essay writing service. Here are the advantages you receive, whether you need assistance with your schoolwork or a speech.