Question

how to display only "Translation parameter values" window when I run a process in Quick translator ?

Badge +1

is there a way I can only display "Translation parameter values" window when I run a process via quick translator ? The background window "FME Quick Translator" somehow is redundand I think since I dont need it.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

I would probably hazard a guess at no - @mark2atsafe​  might have some idea.

An alternate would be to just run the process using the command line. But this would remove the ui to eneter parameters. Alternately, you could right a .bat script that asked for input parameters or write a python script that would produce a ui like this and then run the FME process.

It would be a question of, is it really worth the extra time to build something bespoke?

Badge +1

If so, I think it would be good Idea to consider it in feature versions, because for end-users the background window is definitely redundant. Thanks a lot @hkingsbury​ 

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

If so, I think it would be good Idea to consider it in feature versions, because for end-users the background window is definitely redundant. Thanks a lot @hkingsbury​ 

You can suggest future improvements here - https://community.safe.com/s/bridea/acideasULT__brIdea__c/00B4Q00000AWlEVUA1