Question

Batch Processing Problem

Badge

Hello Sir/ Madam,

My goal is to run a batch processing so that I can count all the attributes in each input excel file in a particular folder. Then, I would like to output the result in a single excel file. Is it possible?

My case

Data - 2 excel files: A.xlsx & B.xlsx

Workbench: "Value count" by using statisticCalculator transformer

Output : 1 single excel file

Problems that I encountered:

1) I try to run the "Batch Deploy" in the workbench and it returns the result files indivdually. Can I group all the output into a single excel file?

2) In my workbench, May I ask how can I count all the attributes values? The "StatisticsCalculator" must defined the attribute name in order to do the counting. However, I would like count all the attributes in the excel file. It is because my input excel files may have slightly different attribute names in it.

Thank you very much.

Zachary

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

You shouldn't need the Batch Deploy to accomplish the first problem.

1) On your excel reader, go into the Properties of the FeatureTypes and expose the fme_basename. This will be the name of the excel file. On the excel writer Properties, set the Sheet Name parameter to fme_basename. This will create sheets/tabs for each of your excel inputs.

Reader:

imageWriter:image 

2) I'm not aware of a way to dynamically calculate attribute values natively in FME, unfortunately.

Badge

You shouldn't need the Batch Deploy to accomplish the first problem.

1) On your excel reader, go into the Properties of the FeatureTypes and expose the fme_basename. This will be the name of the excel file. On the excel writer Properties, set the Sheet Name parameter to fme_basename. This will create sheets/tabs for each of your excel inputs.

Reader:

imageWriter:image 

2) I'm not aware of a way to dynamically calculate attribute values natively in FME, unfortunately.

Hi @ddbrocato Thank you for your answer. I will try it! :)

Zachary