Question

I was using FME Server 2021 which worked fine. I upgraded to 2022 but since then my web interface is not working properly. I am not able to see the field for user name and password and hence unable to login.

Badge

This is how I get after entering the portal in which my fme server is running.

There is a 401 error initially in the console and then also 503 and 500

Screenshot (245)

7 replies

Badge +11

Hi @charu​ 

Is this an express install? What OS? (Is it your local desktop or a server?)

Check that your services are running... and try restarting the FME Server service.

Depending on the performance of your system, the post-install scripts may take a few minutes to complete but that is all. (I'm sure you've waited long enough).

You can check the fmeserver.log & fmeprocessmonitorcore.log (c:/ProgramData/Safe Software/FME Server/resources/logs/core/current). Please post any helpful errors.

Feel free to open a case with us at www.safe.com/support so that we can connect with you and do a screen share if this issue continues

Badge +2

Hi @charu​ ,

I'm sorry that you've encountered this issue, I'm not sure what the cause is at the moment, so to help get started troubleshooting please can you share some additional information:

• What is your FME Server deployment architecture? e.g. express install, distributed database, web app, Docker etc
  • What Web Browser are you using, if you try another do you hit the same issue?
  • If you access FME Server using http://localhost on the Server host machine do you encounter the error?
  • Please can you zip up and share your Logs folder from <FMEServerSystemShare>/Resources

Badge

Hi @charu​ 

Is this an express install? What OS? (Is it your local desktop or a server?)

Check that your services are running... and try restarting the FME Server service.

Depending on the performance of your system, the post-install scripts may take a few minutes to complete but that is all. (I'm sure you've waited long enough).

You can check the fmeserver.log & fmeprocessmonitorcore.log (c:/ProgramData/Safe Software/FME Server/resources/logs/core/current). Please post any helpful errors.

Feel free to open a case with us at www.safe.com/support so that we can connect with you and do a screen share if this issue continues

Hi,

Yes I did an express install in Windows 11. It is my local desktop. In checking the log file, I see the error "Connection to localhost:7082 refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections." I have attached the zipped file of all log files.

Badge

Hi @charu​ ,

I'm sorry that you've encountered this issue, I'm not sure what the cause is at the moment, so to help get started troubleshooting please can you share some additional information:

• What is your FME Server deployment architecture? e.g. express install, distributed database, web app, Docker etc
  • What Web Browser are you using, if you try another do you hit the same issue?
  • If you access FME Server using http://localhost on the Server host machine do you encounter the error?
  • Please can you zip up and share your Logs folder from <FMEServerSystemShare>/Resources

Hi,

1. I did an express install in Windows 11.
  2. I am using Chrome. I tried with other browsers but still getting the same issue.
  3. Yes, I am actually using in the same machine that I have installed, also tried local host, the error persists.
  4. I have attached the zipped file of all logs

Badge +2

Hi,

2. I am using Chrome. I tried with other browsers but still getting the same issue.
  3. Yes, I am actually using in the same machine that I have installed, also tried local host, the error persists.

Hi @charu​ ,

Firstly, my apologies for repeating some questions asked by @steveatsafe​ , I must have not refreshed my page and he beat me to a first reply!

Anyway, in your fmeserver.log there is the error:

ERROR  main  org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection to localhost:7082 refused.

This indicates that the core is unable to communicate with the system database. I think we should start by making sure that port 7082 is not being occupied by another application on your machine.

1. To retrieve the PID number of the process using port 7082 open command prompt and run 

netstat -ano | find "7082"

2. The final column is the PID number, to retrieve the service name associated with this PID run

tasklist /fi "pid eq <PID>"

Where <PID> is the number retrieved from step 1. Alternatively, you can find the service name in Windows Task Manager by matching the PID number under the Details tab. 

3. If the service name returned is not postgres this confirms another service is using port 7082 and you will need to free this port in order to successfully access FME Server. In Task Manager select 'End Task'.

4. Restart the FME Server and make sure FME now occupies this port.

If this is the issue, you may wish to re-configuring one of the applications to use a different port to avoid future conflict.  

If there is a conflict, please could you let me know what other application was occupying the port so I can make a note of this in our troubleshooting guide. Please let me know if this does not resolve the problem and I can suggest further troubleshooting steps.

Badge

Hi,

Hi @hollyatsafe​ 

No problem :) Doesn't hurt in replying twice. I have also been trying to find if something else is running on the port but the problem is there is no port 7082 shown in netstat in my system.

Screenshot (344)

Badge +2

Hi,

Hi @charu​ ,

It seems like port 7082 may not be available. I'd recommend you reach out to your networking/IT team to check that this port is open and to help you diagnose the issue, it's possible it's being blocked by a firewall configuration.