Solved

Disable browse resources option in Server App

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I'm working on a server app where users have to upload a photo taken with their phone. There's no need for them to browse the resource folders and so I've disabled access to the resources for that security token (except write access for the temporary folder where the images are stored). However, the users still have the option to browse the resource system:

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-17 142048Ideally I'd want that "Browse resources" button to be gone and just have "Upload file". Is there any way to do that (other than write an app of my own)?

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 19 May 2022, 19:21

View original

6 replies

Badge +2

Hi @Hans van der Maarel​ ,

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to hide the 'Browse Resources' button in a Workspace App. There is an existed enhancement request for this (internal reference: FMESERVER-17378). I have associated this post with that request so that you should be notified if we add support for this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hi @Hans van der Maarel​ ,

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to hide the 'Browse Resources' button in a Workspace App. There is an existed enhancement request for this (internal reference: FMESERVER-17378). I have associated this post with that request so that you should be notified if we add support for this.

Thanks @hollyatsafe​!

I second the need for this @hollyatsafe​ !

Badge +2

I second the need for this @hollyatsafe​ !

I third it!

Badge

Has this enhancement been implemented?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Has this enhancement been implemented?

This has not yet been implemented. I have added your interest to the enhancement request @abdhassa33​ !