Question

transforming a folder to a file with odd extension.

Badge +5

I have a process were I need to create a downloadable zip file that contains a file that has an odd extension. So far I am able to create the folder, but the file copy writer is renaming the folder instead of making it a file with odd ext.

I have added a picture to show how the folder displaying how the folder got renamed instead of changing the extension and making it a file.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

The approach i'd take would be to first create a standard zip of the file (example --> example.zip) FME will be able to create that zip. Then, rename the zip to xyz (example.zip --> example.xyz) This could be done with python, system caller, or the filecopy

Badge +5

The approach i'd take would be to first create a standard zip of the file (example --> example.zip) FME will be able to create that zip. Then, rename the zip to xyz (example.zip --> example.xyz) This could be done with python, system caller, or the filecopy

Thanks @hkingsbury​  that was my fear. I need to play more with the settings for creating zip files as it was creating unnecessary folders-- basically a duplicate-- in the zipped file. Have a great day!