Question

I have added an extra column in the shapefile using attribute manager. How can I edit the values in that column?

I have added an extra column in the shapefile using attribute manager. How can I edit the values in that column?

9 replies

Badge +12

If you want to edit the value when you create the attribute you do it directly in the AttributeManager like this:

Else you might want to specify what you are trying to do with an example :)

bilde

If you want to edit the value when you create the attribute you do it directly in the AttributeManager like this:

Else you might want to specify what you are trying to do with an example :)

bilde

image.png I am trying to add some data in the column 'additional information' manually. And each field would have different values. How do I do that? There are around 10 rows and each row would have different value in the additional informal column. How do I set the permission to manually edit it individually ?

Badge +12

image.png I am trying to add some data in the column 'additional information' manually. And each field would have different values. How do I do that? There are around 10 rows and each row would have different value in the additional informal column. How do I set the permission to manually edit it individually ?

If you can do it based on rules you would use the conditional value? Would that work you think?

The attribute information I want is to add is not conditional nor it is related to any already existing attributes. It would be a completely new value ( descriptive string value) and would be different for each row. So I guess using conditional value won't work.

Badge +12

So it seems. Are you looking for a table view of all the attributes and editing in that sort environement?

Yes, That is true. I have difficulty with how to do that.

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

This is possible with a conditional value, at least when there is some relation between the existing attributes and the descriptive string values you want to add:

Conditional ValueIn that case you can also add the descriptive string values by reading an external file, and then using a FeatureJoiner.

Badge +12

I would consider adding that data in Excel, QGIS, ArcGIS or something similar and then running it through FME

This is possible with a conditional value, at least when there is some relation between the existing attributes and the descriptive string values you want to add:

Conditional ValueIn that case you can also add the descriptive string values by reading an external file, and then using a FeatureJoiner.

Thank you for the suggestions