Solved

Hello all, When will FME (server and desktop) be supported on the new Ubuntu LTS release 22.04? Thanks for your interest, Martin

Badge +13
Hello all, When will FME (server and desktop) be supported on the new Ubuntu LTS release 22.04? Thanks for your interest, Martin
icon

Best answer by andreaatsafe 13 May 2022, 00:57

View original

7 replies

Badge +10

Hi @martinkoch​,

Our team is aiming to add support for this OS in FME 2023.

I've linked this question to our internal ticket (FMEENGINE-71834) so that we can update you when we've added support.

Thanks,

Andrea

Badge +13

Hi @martinkoch​,

Our team is aiming to add support for this OS in FME 2023.

I've linked this question to our internal ticket (FMEENGINE-71834) so that we can update you when we've added support.

Thanks,

Andrea

Great, thanks for your reply…

Hey @martinkoch​... I was looking for a solution as well.

I have been able to install FME workbench to my 22.04 KDE neon box by using docker and distrobox (running ubuntu 20.04). You install FME to the distrobox OS and then export it to the desktop. Then it runs like a native app with full access to the host machines resources. Runs cleaner than using a VM.

You can also run FME server on a 22.04 box by simply using the docker version of server.

Dan

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi @martinkoch​  @danno​ FME 2023 betas are now also available for Ubuntu 22.04 "Jammy Jellyfish" at https://www.safe.com/support/downloads/#beta

Badge +13

Great! Thanks for mentioning.

Badge

Hi Dan!

Betas are not available anymore, is there any release date for FME 2023?

Regards!

Raul

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi @raulmejia​ There's no official release date yet - very likely some time next month. See @mark2atsafe​ 's reply here.