Question

Are 'BADNEWS' Errors Able to Occur Independent of Debug Logging

• 9 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi, I have a few workspaces published up to FME Server that throw an occasional 'BADNEWS' error, but the job still finishes successfully. I have gone through and ensure that debug logging is turned off on each job, and have even republished them to be certain that the setting is not enabled.

Can FME jobs still throw a BADNEWS error that is independent of debugging? I am thinking there may be an inherent BADNEWS error that is just part of running an FME workspace. I have gone through and checked all areas suggested by Safe where debug logging may be enabled, and it is disabled in every possible place. Just want to make sure I'm not chasing down something that is a normal part of running a workspace.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

If the workspace finishes successfully and your results are good I think there is very little cause for concern. Still, "BADNEWS" errors are called that for a reason so I understand you want to find out what's going on.

It could be as simple as some debug-level logging being enabled on a specific transformer, outside of your control. If you can share the actual messages here I'm sure somebody from Safe can confirm (or deny) that.