Solved

HullAccumulator does not give wanted results with concave or convex

• 11 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello!

I have not been able to figure out to generate polygons from the roads that are of intresest. What I need to do is to generate a polygon from all points that are within 3000 meters from "from_point".

That park work fine. But when I try to genereate the surface it doesnt follow the lines good enought. It's to generalized. Please se the PDF to see what I mean.

How do I generation the surface so they follow my routing better? For this task is very important because the roads are filtered only to use safe roads to my target group. With the results I get now from hullaccumulator sometimes points will be inside the polygon even tough they should not be.

Only the points that has 3000 meters or less should be included in the surface.

Can anyone help me?

Best regards

Jesper

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 12 April 2022, 21:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You'll need to select the Concave option on the HullAccumulator, set the Alpha value to 0 to have it do a "best guess". That probably won't be exactly what you are after, but should get you at least on the right track.

Badge +2

@flugan87​ Thanks for including the nice sample dataset and the test workspace. Would Bufferer and Dissolver work better in this case? You could remove holes using DonutHoleExtractor if you don't want holes.

image(that's a 50m buffer)