Question

Is it possible to filter out a single attribute value from data. I am trying to map pit data and although I have streamlined relevant pits using buffer and clipper I still have useless pits which have the same attribute value ie. 2 pits, B pits, and

Is it possible to filter out a single attribute value from data. I am trying to map pit data and although I have streamlined relevant pits using buffer and clipper I still have useless pits which have the same attribute value ie. 2 pits, B pits, and C pit

5 replies

Badge +20

You can use DuplicateFilter set to the attribute that needs to be unique.

Badge +2

@david_lyons​ can you include some sample data? Save your workspace using Save As Template... will create an FME template that has the workspace & data

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

It sounds like you are trying to remove duplicates in the data, where attributes indicate two pits are identical? The DuplicateFilter works for this (filter out the second+ instance of an attribute value), or the Matcher (identify where two+ features share the same attributes and/or geometry).

@david_lyons​ can you include some sample data? Save your workspace using Save As Template... will create an FME template that has the workspace & data

HI Mark, so I have clipped down the data down to 260 pits , but there are still some pits on the run that should be out of scope, I would like to remove those pits which are 2pits B and C pits. They are not duplicates but they share the same attribute which is their size.

I just uploaded a sample of the data