Solved

FME Desktop 2022 Build 22311: The “issue locations” generated from the “geometry validator” fails to be written in an esri feature class,

• 30 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

FME Desktop 2022 Build 22311: The “issue locations” generated from the “geometry validator” fails to be written in an esri feature class,

As per the screenshot, the “issue locations” generated from the “geometry validator” fails to be written in an esri feature class

What could be the issue here?

The data is attached

Clip_37 

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 30 March 2022, 15:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I can reproduce your issue. The User Attributes in the writer are set to Automatic. This sets the attribute type to double, while the value is a string.

2022-03-30_15h02_272022-03-30_15h06_30I think this is incorrect behavior. @danatsafe​ can you check this?

When you change the user attributes to Manual and change the type to char it will write the data as expected.

I also had issues with your writer, it kept complaining about a template? After replacing it with a new (Feature)writer it worked.

Badge +5

Thank you for the help. It works fine as I choose the definition to be “manual” and then the type to be “chr”

I think this needs to be enhanced so that one can still choose the definition to be “Automatic”

Clip_331