Question

Why does Sharepoint Online web connection stop working?

Badge

So I have a quick question about Sharepoint Online web connections in FME.

A while back, I successfully set up a Sharepoint Online web connection in Desktop (2020.2) and published to FME Server (2020.2).

https://community.safe.com/s/article/How-to-create-a-Sharepoint-Web-Connection

At the time, I must've followed the steps on this page or another similar how-to. Either way, it worked in Desktop and has been running on a daily/interval schedule in Server. I should also mention I'm using a service account for this, which has the proper SP privileges and is what my FME Server runs as.

Now, I find that every time, I want to do some type of adhoc job or query in Desktop, the same connection I set up back then no longer works, and I have to set up a brandnew one. At the same time, the original web connection that was uploaded to Server during publishing continues to work just fine.

Is there something specific to Sharepoint authentication or token expiration that I am not aware of that would explain this? Is this unique to FME? I tried to get smart about the Sharepoint API and Sharepoint security at the time I developed my workbench but quickly gave up and instead relied on all the good FME community posts to make things work. Just don't have the cycles to become a Sharepointanista! Thanks for any insights you can share.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!