Solved

How to run the Workbench automatically when FME is launched?

• 28 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hello everyone,

I'm new to FME and i'm using FME desktop. I would like to know if it is possible run my workbench automatically without clicking the run button in fme? 

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Gentjan

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 29 March 2022, 09:38

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I do not think this is possible, but you can generate a batch file to do this. See Running a Batch Translation.

Badge

Thank you very much nielsgerrits for your answer. Do you have any code example how to create my batch file please?

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Thank you very much nielsgerrits for your answer. Do you have any code example how to create my batch file please?

"Open your existing workspace and select Batch Deploy from the Run menu. The Create Batch Translation Wizard launches. Click Next to proceed through the following dialogs:

Note: If the Run > Batch Deploy option is disabled, it is because there is currently no source or destination dataset defined in the workspace."

Badge

Ok thanks a lot, i tried what you said , it creates my .bat and .tcl file when i save the script but when i do 'run now' i get the following error where if i run the workbench normally it runs perfectly.

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Ok thanks a lot, i tried what you said , it creates my .bat and .tcl file when i save the script but when i do 'run now' i get the following error where if i run the workbench normally it runs perfectly.

You need to choose "Save Scripts to run outside of Workbench". Then close workbench and doubleclock the .bat file you generated to run the workspace. Then check the output and the logfile.

Badge

That's excatly what i did but when i doubleclick the .bat it opens for a second the cmd then nothing happens, it doest recreate the log file and output. I dont know that i am missing as i have done same as the instruction you told me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

That's excatly what i did but when i doubleclick the .bat it opens for a second the cmd then nothing happens, it doest recreate the log file and output. I dont know that i am missing as i have done same as the instruction you told me.

It is really hard to say what happens without workspace and data to reproduce. If I were you I would try with a very simple workspace (CSV reader 2 CSV writer) to get it to work. When it works add other parts to it. When it stops working you get a better idea which added part is creating issues.

Badge

Indeed my workbench is really simple, i have a reader of csv dataset with a single column of dates for 4 months(120 rows) where i eliminate the date of weekends in the outuput csv. The .bat file obviously doesnt work but what i dont get is that when in Batch Translation Run Option is choose Run Now i get the error i showed you above.

CSV reader: Failed to open file 'traitement' for reading. Please ensure that the file exists and you have sufficient privileges to read it

CSV reader: Failed to open file 'traitement' for reading. Please ensure that the file exists and you have sufficient privileges to read it

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Thank you again for your time, i really appreciate.