Solved

Prevent scheduled job launch if same job already in queue ?

• 22 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hi all.

Is there a way to prevent a scheduled job from being launched, if it's already present as a queued job ?

If there is a bulk of jobs that need to be processed first, it clogs up the system. Lower prioritized jobs will be bulked together, and you can end up having a handful of identical jobs waiting to be processed, one after the other. This is a waste of resources.

It would be nice, if subsequent job launches could be cancelled in advance, if the very same job with the very same parameters (none in this case) is present as an already queued job (or running).

Cheers.

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 22 March 2022, 16:46

View original

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi @Lars I Nielsen​ ,

On the Schedules configuration there is a check box 'Skip if Job in Progress'.

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 8.44.24 AMWhen checked the schedule will not trigger a job if a previous job triggered by this schedule has not been completed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Hi @Lars I Nielsen​ ,

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 8.44.24 AMWhen checked the schedule will not trigger a job if a previous job triggered by this schedule has not been completed.

huh, didn't realise that also applies to jobs sitting in the queue - hovering over it makes it a bit clearer that it does apply to queued jobs as wellimage 

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hi @Lars I Nielsen​ ,

Thanks Holly.

I'm sure I've noticed that checkbox some time before, but I normally never notice it. Thanks for bringing it back to my attention :-)

It's good that Safe did anticipate this situation, it is precisely what I needed.

Cheers.