Solved

Is there a way to use the Emailer Transformer where it gets the list of email addresses from a text file?

• 17 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

Basically here is the need: right now workbenches run (Using FME Desktop 2020.2 and Task Scheduler) and the email addresses are typed out within the Emailer Addressing "To" parameter.

We would like things to be more easily updated. For example, if someone is no longer on the team, or if someone is new on the team, we would like to simply update a text file and ALL of our jobs will be updated.

I tried reading the text file in, aggregating the addresses into one long string separated with a comma, but I wasn't sure how to assign the value to a User Parameter.

(I tried a couple things and failed)

Thanks in advance for your help.

@danminneyatsaf​ 

icon

Best answer by chrisatsafe 18 March 2022, 00:17

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @juliarozema​ ,

You can use a FeatureMerger for this. After aggregating to concatenate all of the email addresses into a single feature (comma separated), you can merge it onto the feature(s) that trigger the Emailer. In the FeautreMerger, set the requestor and supplier to the same character like "." or "x". This will merge the aggregated attribute onto the stream that is going into the Emailer.

imageIn your case, the Creator is the rest of your workspace (goes into the requestor port), and the aggregate feature from the Text file goes into the supplier port.

From here, you can set the email to from the attribute value containing the concatenated list of emails.

Badge +6

Hi @juliarozema​ ,

You can use a FeatureMerger for this. After aggregating to concatenate all of the email addresses into a single feature (comma separated), you can merge it onto the feature(s) that trigger the Emailer. In the FeautreMerger, set the requestor and supplier to the same character like "." or "x". This will merge the aggregated attribute onto the stream that is going into the Emailer.

imageIn your case, the Creator is the rest of your workspace (goes into the requestor port), and the aggregate feature from the Text file goes into the supplier port.

From here, you can set the email to from the attribute value containing the concatenated list of emails.

Woohoo!! Thank you @chrisatsafe​. Most excellent. This is exactly what I needed.

Have a great weekend,

Julia