Question

Failed to setup FME Sharepoint List Reader web connection

• 14 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Dear community,

I am fully out of ideas - we cannot successfully establish a sharepoint connection in order to make the List Reader work.

I guess we tried everything and we followed the instruction here and the video here to the detail.

The only thing that is really working - and that requires a super user with all possible admin rights - is the first option to replace the [TENANT] in the web service definition:

imageThe multitenant app our admins created for me comes along with all the rights as per tutorial - but no matter if I try the multitenant or the singletenant way of connecting, I always get this prompt which is basically telling that admin approval is necessary in order to access the resources of my organization:

imageWhen we magically made it happen that the url got successfully tested (by simplifying the request URL) I am ending up with something like this when adding the SP List reader:

Sharepoint_errormessageOur local support at axmann.at cannot assist as well since this lies somewhere in the domain of admin and user rights.

Do you know what could help here? Or is "replacing the TENANT url" the only viable option in this? Because whatever I tried, I failed.

1 reply

Badge

Hi @fungergis​ ,

I've just been configuring a client's FME Desktop to connect to SharePoint using the SharePoint List Reader and stumbled across this question when I hit the same issue!

When configuring the Microsoft SharePoint Online Web Service for Single Tenant and you are receiving the 'Admin Approval' pop up, you can amend the Authorization Parameter URL to stop this from occurring. At the end of the URL you will see the following:

&prompt=consent

Remove this from the Authorization Parameter URL, click Apply and then Test...

You should no longer see the 'Admin Approval' pop up and it should successfully authenticate against the credentials you entered.

Alternatively, if this doesn't fix the issue, the following documentation may help your Azure Administrator to grant admin consent to the 'App Registration' they created for FME to use.

How to grant admin consent to applications in Azure – SharePoint Stuff

Hope this helps.

Simon