Solved

AttributeTransposer I have a problem with the attributetransposer giving an error when no input is coming in to the transformer.

• 11 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have a problem with the attributetransposer in a workspace that has a couple of httpcallers upstream. In case all the httpcallers get a rejected call (handled with an emailer) no input is going into the AttributeTransposer. I then see the following error showing in the log:

AttributeTransposer Input Input Collector (TeeFactory): Cloned 0 input feature(s) into 0 output feature(s)
AttributeTransposer_Input1509999976 Input Splitter (TeeFactory): Cloned 0 input feature(s) into 0 output feature(s)
AttributeTransposer_ParameterFetcher (TeeFactory): Cloned 0 input feature(s) into 0 output feature(s)
Python Exception <TypeError>: Input must be a string or unicode.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 86, in close
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 99, in close
  File "<string>", line 24, in throw
TypeError: Input must be a string or unicode.
AttributeTransposer_PythonCaller (PythonFactory): PythonFactory failed to close properly
AttributeTransposer_PythonCaller (PythonFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details
AttributeTransposer_PythonCaller (PythonFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

I didn't expect a transformer to error if no input is coming in. I am probably overlooking something. Any tips to handle this? 

Kind regards, 

Steven

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 11 March 2022, 19:54

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

@stevens​ Try adding the NoFeaturesTester or FeatureDetector from FME HUB to see if that bypasses the issue. Otherwise, perhaps add a comment to the AttributeTransposer on the FME HUB to see if the author can fix this.

Badge +1

Thanks @Mark Stoakes​ , I wasn't aware of the NoFeaturestester and FeatureDetector. I tried the NoFeaturestester and it works!

I guess that I will also use a Terminator connected ( a few steps downstream) to the rejected port of the HttpCallers, so when the first error is encountered, the rest of the analysis can stop.

Thanks for the quick reply