Solved

FME Server can not add network drive as new resource

• 24 February 2022
  • 3 replies

The account that is used to run FME Server models has access to a network drive (\\\\srv-be-di-xxxx\\fs-data\\). Files can be read from and output can be written to this network drive without issues, using the right paths as parameters to run the model. However, when I try to add this network drive as a new resource in the Resources tab of the FME Server UI, I get the notification:

Error. The settings for this Resource Connection are invalid. Do you still want to save

Path does not exist: \\\\srv-be-di-xxx\\fs-data\\

Why is FME Server able to use this network drive in the models, but not to actually add it as a new resource?

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 24 February 2022, 18:35

View original

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi @Bert Akkermans​ ,

For workspaces to read/write from a network path the FME Engine Service needs to be running under the service account with the correct permissions, but for it to be added as a resource connection both the core and web application server service also need to be running under this account, can you double-check that all three services are using the service account?

If you're installation also uses the default FME postgres database this can be left running as local system.

Badge +3

Hi @Bert Akkermans​ ,

For workspaces to read/write from a network path the FME Engine Service needs to be running under the service account with the correct permissions, but for it to be added as a resource connection both the core and web application server service also need to be running under this account, can you double-check that all three services are using the service account?

If you're installation also uses the default FME postgres database this can be left running as local system.

Holly,

I'm having the same issue.

How would I check which accounts services are using?

Is there a detailed guide you could point me towards?

Badge +10

Holly,

I'm having the same issue.

How would I check which accounts services are using?

Is there a detailed guide you could point me towards?

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/AdminGuide/Running_System_Services_Under_Different_Accounts.htm

If you look at the services on your server machine

services