Question

Text to Graphics: Complete removal of .shx/.ttf Reference

• 18 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

I am in the process of converting DGNs to SVGs for use as symbols in ArcGIS Pro. I am able to filter out the Text in the DGNs and assign a stock Windows Font. However the text reference is not being passed to ArcGISPro and the the text component of the symbol is lost. I am looking for a transformer or a set of transformers that will allow me to take the text in the DGN and convert it to a graphic, that DOES NOT reference a Windows stock .ttf file.

I have looked at the TextStroker but the outputs are inconsistent and messy looking as compared to the original DGN text, and I am also having trouble finding a way to fill in the TextStroker output.

To clarify, the ETL that I currently have successfully displays the text in the output SVG in a Web Browser. The only location that does not see the .ttf reference is ArcGIS Pro (the final, required, destination).

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @jrlalessi​,

I don't have a complete answer, but this may be of some help.

If you have Microstation installed, you can convert the DGN fonts to TTF using the process described at https://communities.bentley.com/products/microstation/f/microstation-forum/198685/dgn-symbols-to-ttf-true-type-font

Once you have copied the TTF from the Bentley folder to your Windows Font folder, it should be available for use by the TextStroker transformer.

Badge +6

Thank you for the response, I tried that route too, and found that there were 100s of DGN fonts. So replacing them with stock windows .tff was best. I think the issue trulty is in the ArcGISPro software. Thats why I am looking to replace the .ttf based graphics with "dumb" elements in the output .svg. I hope that makes sense.