Question

is FME available as lib / dll and can be integrated to an existing application? if yes, which programming languages (java,C++, python) are supported?

• 11 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

we want to import data formats into our application and also export data from this application. that means, there is i.e. DGN file that we need to import into our data format and for this action we are looking for a lib or dll or similar.

currently i have seen, there is only a desktop (standalone application) available, but this is not what we are looking for, as we need to integrate a "data converter" into our application.

is there any version avaliable as a lib or DLL?

thanks a lot.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Yes, check out the FME Plug-in SDK and FME Objects for Python

Badge

thanks for a fast response.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I would say that perhaps the easiest method to do this is to create the translation you need using Workbench (the standalone application) and then run that translation within your application using FME Objects. There is an iFMEWorkspaceRunner method for that very purpose.

I don't know exactly if this fits your need, but you should definitely keep it in mind. It can be so much quicker to create than coding an entire solution.