Solved

Assignment of job queue for transformations initiated via the REST interface ?

• 2 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hi.

I'm generally use the workspace repository to assign job queue when scheduling job executions, although I have a couple of special queues to enable high importance jobs to run sooner.

But jobs that are not scheduled by the FME server itself, instead being initiated via the REST interface, all seem to end up using the Default queue.

I've looking into the API example, and it doesn't seem to include a queue name request parameter. And there's no way to create a queue designated for REST initiated jobs.

Is it possible to control the execution queue with REST initiated jobs ?

Using 2020.2.5

icon

Best answer by david_r 2 February 2022, 10:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4

I believe you need to set the TMDirectives.tag in the POST, and then configure your FME Server instance to associate the tag with a specific queue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

I believe you need to set the TMDirectives.tag in the POST, and then configure your FME Server instance to associate the tag with a specific queue.

Hi David.

Which immidiatedly leads to the next obvious question: how to configure my FME server to associate the tag with a specific queue ?

I did see the "tag" denominator in the API example, but couldn't see what it was supposed to be used for. The example just uses "linux", which doesn't sound very much like a job queue.

Userlevel 4

Hi David.

Which immidiatedly leads to the next obvious question: how to configure my FME server to associate the tag with a specific queue ?

I did see the "tag" denominator in the API example, but couldn't see what it was supposed to be used for. The example just uses "linux", which doesn't sound very much like a job queue.

Hm, it seems things have changed quite a bit since I had to use this feature. Looking at this post I wonder if the tag is actually the queue name now. Certainly worth a try.

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Tags are indeed queue names in the REST API.