Solved

Detecting Gaps and slivers between polygons of 2 different shapes

• 1 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

I have polygons of two different shape files and would like to have a possibility that FME shows me (either with an attribute or with a flag or geometry) where there are gaps oder overlaps between both...the poylgons should have the same geometry but they haven't the same area.....the second shape is only a part of the first.i have tried some overlayers, intersectors or other transformer but none of them gives me that i want...i think its a combination of some transformers.

i don't want to repair the polygons only find these errors!

Any helps?

Thx

Franco

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 1 February 2022, 15:59

View original

3 replies

Badge +6

Inkedscreenshot_verschn_2_LIInkedscreenshot_verschn_1_LI

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Have you tried the AreaAndGapOverlapCleaner? It'll repair gaps and overlaps, but if you for example use a GeometryExtractor before and after it (to 2 different attributes) you can see if areas have been changed.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Have you tried the AreaAndGapOverlapCleaner? It'll repair gaps and overlaps, but if you for example use a GeometryExtractor before and after it (to 2 different attributes) you can see if areas have been changed.

Yes, I think this transformer is the way. There is a whole tutorial on data cleanup and validation on the knowledge base, and this is probably the relevant article: https://community.safe.com/s/article/data-qa-identifying-slivers-overlaps-and-gaps-in-p