Solved

For whom is FME Accelerator?

• 27 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

One of our technical directors wants to know more about FME, what it is / isn't, and what it does / doesn't, etc. Basically a quick overview of FME that shows off its capabilities. He's signed up for Introductory training, but I feel that that's too detailed and too technical for his position.

I read about FME Accelerator. What exactly is that, and who is it for? Would that be suitable for senior management, or is it still pretty technical?

I find the Accelerator web page a bit too vague (https://www.safe.com/accelerator/)

icon

Best answer by samatsafe 27 January 2022, 20:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I haven't done that one myself, so I can't say for sure, but based on the description it looks like it will be a sort of broad overview, but with some hands-on parts.

With that in mind, I think it could be good for your colleague to take this course and then afterwards, if he wants to know more, do the Introductory training (which will be more hands-on).

Badge

Hi @Arnold Bijlsma​, thanks for your question. I've passed along your feedback about the FME Accelerator page to our marketing team. This is a new event for us, and we are still trying to find the right way to pitch it!

@Hans van der Maarel​ is correct that this event is designed to be a broad overview with hands-on elements. You could think of it as somewhere between a webinar and training. We give an introduction to the FME platform and the problems it can solve, then walk through a workspace to show a bit of how FME works. Attendees can actually click around and play with FME to get a sense of the user experience.

This current version is designed specifically for the more technical end-users of FME; the people who would use it day-to-day. It's designed more for prospective customers than current ones, or for people within an organization that uses FME, but maybe not in their department or function. We are hoping to offer a less technical, shorter, less interactive version soon that sounds like it would be more appropriate for your technical director. I'd love to know more about what they would like to get out of such an event, as we are in the process of designing it right now. Would you be willing to provide some more details as to what they would like to get out of the event? Length, content, use of technical language (would they know what API or schema means, etc.?), the balance of discussing business value versus software features, etc.

In the future, we would like to offer both versions and let users pick based on their role.

I hope that clears things up a bit! Thanks again for your feedback.